View Single Post
Old January 10 2011, 11:11 AM   #3195
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Not surprisingly they were making a similar observation about Johnson on 5Live before the match yesterday. Thing is though, I don't think he's currently good enough to play as a winger for Liverpool or England either. The sad thing is that he might actually be our best option at RB at the moment. Micah Richards has seriously gone off the boil of late, and that's about it, unless we start looking to the youngsters, which we probably should do. Given how well Adam Johnson's settled into the team, could be worth at least having a look at David Wheater in the role.

Crawley and (hopefully) Torquay, will be interesting. We've a fairly poor record against lower league sides in the cups in recent years, however, that's due in part to our woeful confidence at the time of those games (usually amidst a relegation battle). This time around, the confidence should be ok. Crawley have aspirations for climbing the league, hopefully that'll translate into them trying to play football tonight. If they do then I fancy our chances.

Dalglish, I can't see being anything other than a short-term interim fix. I suspect that they'll bring in someone on a more permanent basis during the summer, the interesting thing will be who that might be.