View Single Post
Old January 10 2011, 03:43 AM   #504
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
MASS EFFECT UNIVERSE

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the farthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.

It is decades later. 2199. Humanity is a fixed member of the Citadel Council, standing side-by-side with the Turian Hierarchy, Asari Republics, and Salarian Union. The most powerful organizations in the Terminus Systems have founded the Confederacy of Rogue Systems, a conglomerate of fascist states, pirates, and criminal organizations. They seek only to extend their power by whatever means they can, prompting conflict with the Systems Alliance.

With the council desperately trying to keep the situation in the Terminus from spiraling out of control, the Confederacy begins to splinter and fight amongst itself. With a cold war simmering to a boil, and the galaxy's sense of safety slowly burning away, agents of the Reapers begin once more to make their moves in the shadows.

The year is 2200. The 23rd century brings greater discovery and greater danger to the universe of Mass Effect.

Mass Effect Universe is a forum-based roleplay, set in the fictional universe of Bioware's critically-acclaimed Mass Effect video games. Our site has tens of thousands of posts, and hundreds of members, and after two years of activity is still running pretty hot. Getting started is an easy affair - unlike Trek Sims, which most of you may be used to, you don't apply for a position in a crew, which then goes through episodic adventures. Rather, you create characters, which once approved, can be used in a pretty free-form fashion - roleplay with anyone, anywhere.

If you're a fan of the Mass Effect games, I would highly reccomend this - I've been a member since 2008, and while there have been lows, there have been tons of highs. And even if you're not a huge Mass Effect fan to begin with, the universe is pretty easy to pick up, being roughly analogous to Star Trek + Babylon 5 = Awesome. Anyone coming from here planning to join up, feel free to ask anyone for help - our staff are professional and helpful, and I personally am among the Justicar usergroup: very helpful members of the site (my username is Enterprise1701).