View Single Post
Old January 6 2011, 12:50 AM   #14
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Re: Funniest Trek Quotes

Lt. Bailey: Raising my voice back there doesn't mean I was scared or couldn't do my job. It means I have a human thing called an adrenaline gland.
Mr. Spock: It sounds most inconvenient. Have you considered having it removed?

McCoy: Well, Scotty, now you've done it.
Scotty: Aye, the haggis is in the fire, for sure.

Spock: I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.

Spock: [The Horta] found humanoid appearance revolting, but she felt she could get used to it.
McCoy: Oh, she did, did she? Now tell me, did she happen to make any comment about those ears?
Spock: Not specifically, but I did get the distinct impression she found them the most attractive human characteristic of all. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that only I have—
Kirk: She really liked those ears?
Spock: Captain, the Horta is a remarkably intelligent and sensitive creature with impeccable taste.
Kirk: Because she approved of you.
Spock: Really, Captain, my modesty—
Kirk: ...Does not bear close examination, Mr. Spock. I suspect you're becoming more and more human all the time.
Spock: Captain, I see no reason to stand here and be insulted.

Kirk: My friend is obviously Chinese. I see you've noticed the ears. They're actually easy to explain.
Spock: Perhaps the unfortunate accident I had as a child.
Kirk: ...The unfortunate accident he had as a child. He caught his head in a mechanical... rice picker.

McCoy: "Jim, I think I liked him with a beard better. Gave him character. Of course almost any change would be a distinct improvement."
Kirk: "What worries me is the easy way his counterpart fit into that other universe. I always thought Spock was a bit of a pirate at heart."
Spock: "Indeed gentlemen. May I point out that I had an opportunity to observe your counterparts here quite closely. They were brutal, savage, unprincipled, uncivilized, treacherous -- in every way splendid examples of homo-sapiens, the very flower of humanity. I found them quite refreshing."
Kirk: "I'm not sure, but I think we've been insulted."
McCoy: "I'm sure."

Chekov: (to Lt. Landon) "I've been waiting to get you into a place like this for a long time."
Kirk: "Mr. Chekov, I know you and Miss Landon find each other fascinating, but we’re not here to conduct a field experiment in human biology."

Spock: Logic is a little tweeting bird, chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad.