View Single Post
Old January 4 2011, 08:50 PM   #35
Jadzia
on holiday

Re: My Dungeon Game [work in progress]

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
True, although the way I was thinking about it was to have the walls drawn from an isometric perspective, unless that's what you meant by 3D.
I'd call that isometric.

What I meant by 3D was polygon/model based with 3D camera, which is something I don't do.

I think in general there's been a lot of disagreement over the meaning of 2D and 3D. The term 2.5D was invented to help, but it has ended up being applied to pretty much everything that occurred between Pong and WoW.

Weapons could be discs, with more powerful ones as you progress, with the goal to get to Tron, similar to the original movie, although I haven't seen it yet, I can imagine you could put some of the sequel's elements in it.
Unfortunately I don't own the IP, so am not going to be making a Tron game.

think wrote:
idea: sound interactive triggers??
I don't know if arcade games should rely on sound feedback. Traditionally appearing in noisy arcade halls with loud music playing, the player couldn't be expected to hear and react to every sound effect... and that defines the mood of arcade games for me. It's an option I'll consider, but I think I'd prefer to have the game rely on visual feedback, and just use sound effects aesthetically.

anyway if you need graphic backgrounds I can let you have any of my fractals which are really four dimensional dungeons based on some math.
That's very kind of you think. However, I generally swap graphics around until I'm happy with them. I don't know yet if fractals would fit with the theme. But I shall keep your offer in mind, thanks.
Jadzia is offline   Reply With Quote