View Single Post
Old January 3 2011, 10:00 PM   #34
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think
Re: My Dungeon Game [work in progress]

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Jadzia wrote: View Post
Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Interesting. The direction you seem to be heading in seems like you could make some sort of Tron RPG, The dungeon made up of lightcycle trails or something.
I can visualise that. It's a nice idea.

I think that would be best made as a 3D game with a WoW-like camera.

I don't think plain/thin light cycle walls would look right in 2D, unless we downgrade to wireframe.

True, although the way I was thinking about it was to have the walls drawn from an isometric perspective, unless that's what you meant by 3D. Thin 3D walls, though I can imagine that would be even harder to do due to perspective and wanting everything to mesh together.

Weapons could be discs, with more powerful ones as you progress, with the goal to get to Tron, similar to the original movie, although I haven't seen it yet, I can imagine you could put some of the sequel's elements in it.
the Tron Dungeon would work @ a wireframe level. with random elements and proper graphic work the whole thing could come together by just pushing a few buttons.

Game creation software is expensive but well worth it for the right group of programmers and artists in the end the money is the compensation for the upfront stuff.

I have not taken the plunge into more gaming work due to the falling three dimensional fourperson chess game creation failure that happened like eight years ago on my end.

these days I just test the new games that are in beta or alpha ..,

this seems alpha stage

idea: sound interactive triggers??

reach a hole in the floor player hears a creek then falls unless the person is moving quickly??

anyway if you need graphic backgrounds I can let you have any of my fractals which are really four dimensional dungeons based on some math.