View Single Post
Old January 3 2011, 09:45 AM   #106
David R. George III
Writer

Send a message via AIM to David R. George III Send a message via Yahoo to David R. George III
Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

flemm wrote: View Post

ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post

Regarding the Ascendants conflict - it's pretty certain that, at present, there are no plans to conclude the plot-line. The hints regarding the conclusion of the conflict present in RBoE are FAR too obvious.
There is but one hint regarding the conclusion of the Ascendants story line, and I'm pretty sure it does not make that resolution obvious.

ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post

JoeZhang wrote: View Post

Defcon wrote: View Post

If I'm not totally mistaken we had two threads on the same book in the past (one with and one without spoiler), so I guess you or anyone interested could start a separate spoiler thread to avoid the whole spoiler tag issue.
Oh, please, no. I mean, thanks for the suggestion, but this thread is more than enough for me.

Smellincoffee wrote: View Post

Just finished reading this a few moments ago. With respect to David Mack, this may be my favorite of the Typhon Pact books so far. I'm biased, of course, being a Sisko fan (and a Niner).

I probably would have read this in one setting, but I prefer to only read one Trek book a week, and so I stopped myself last week from finishing this. Fortunately DRGIII put a nice, convienent Part 2 divider in there. I never had to force myself to read...in fact, it constantly tempted me every time I saw it, and once I started I didn't particularly want to stop. The only other book I've read by this author has been Provenance of Shadows, which I also enjoyed, but not as much as this. I'll have to add him to my ever-lengthening list of Trek authors whose upcoming releases I wait for.
Thanks very much for the kind words. I'm always gratified when I manage to satisfy a reader.

Truth wrote: View Post

Fair enough on the generalizing.
I'm guessing that I probably have greater access to reader reaction to my book than you do, but maybe not. Either way, I think it's unreasonable to generalize the overall readership's reaction from anything seen online or even heard from friends and acquaintances. The percentage of television viewers who watched Deep Space Nine (or any of the Trek shows) was relatively small, and the percentage of those who read the books is far smaller. And the percentage of those readers who post online is pushing infinitesimal.

I've gotten a great deal of praise for a lot of my work over the years, and some amount of negative reactions as well. I try very hard not to trust either. Don't get me wrong; I much prefer hearing cheers than jeers. But at the end of the day, I have to make my own judgments about my work.

Truth wrote: View Post

S/N why a galaxy class?
For my taste, I feel that their is too great a tendency for writers to continually invent new starship classes (and also new alien races). I certainly have created my own, but I prefer to utilize the existing universe. I settled on a Galaxy-class vessel because it would immediately provide a recognizable frame of reference for readers.

JD wrote: View Post

ATimson wrote: View Post

David R. George III wrote: View Post
I guess I'm not seeing the difference here, but I'll defer to you.

Ah. Then I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

YubYubCommander wrote: View Post

Two thumbs WAY up. I loved the book Mr George.
Mr. George? Is my grandfather posting here again? Please, call me David.

And thank you. I always enjoy hearing that a reader enjoyed my work.

On Facebook
David R. George III is offline   Reply With Quote