View Single Post
Old January 1 2011, 11:04 PM   #885
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Spent the past week with the fam in Florida and thanks to their new Roku I got caught up on a lot of old movies- most of which were pretty terrible. Suspect Zero, Don't Look Up, The Horsemen, yuck, yuck, yuck. Don't let the presence of Ben Kingsley fool you, Suspect Zero is awful. Anyway, I did see some that were pretty good too:

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - B+. The best animated hollywood film I saw this past year that wasn't Toy Story 3. Really interesting look to the animation and the voice cast was well used. Bill Murray as a badger ... I'm surprised it hadn't happened before.

The Man From Earth - C. Was pretty good until it piled one enormous conceit on top of another.
. I enjoyed seeing all of the Star Trek alum reunited and it was at least thought-provoking so it earns some bonus points. Gets a little preachy about Buddhism but hey I kind of like Buddhism. Can't fully endorse it though because of the plot twist, which pushes it from interesting speculative fiction into outright absurdity in my opinion.

The Men Who Stare At Goats - B. Lots of irony and satire and good laughs in this one. One of the strongest casts of any recent film that I can think of. Strange mish-mash of jedi-ism and new age-ism and the Iraq war and for the most part it works.

Last edited by LitmusDragon; January 1 2011 at 11:21 PM.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote