View Single Post
Old December 31 2010, 09:47 PM   #38
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Exploring the Uncharted Territories: A Farscape Viewing Experience

Pemmer Harge wrote: View Post
Bonzo the Fifth wrote: View Post
I may be jumping the gun a bit as we're not quite at this part of the series yet, but I had much of the same attitude re: the Nebari. Chiana was a cool character, but, like Zhaan and the Delvians, she was just way too different from the rest of her species to make me care about them or relate to them in any meaningful way.
Ah, I actually do find the Nebari interesting - something about how ruthless and powerful they were I guess.
I may as well bemoan this one more time - I wanted to see a lot more on the Nebari and in particular,

Unfortunately, Scorpius' rapid rise to the series' antagonist spot somewhat excluded the Nebari from having any kind of role to play in that dynamic, as, by the end of Season 2, we've pretty much established the setting as a power play between the Peacekeepers and the Scarrans, with no narrative niche for the Nebari's grand schemes to play out.
I think Farscape could have juggled multiple elements like DS9 juggled the Dominion, Cardassians and Romulans over several seasons.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote