View Single Post
Old December 30 2010, 08:33 AM   #92
Lrrr
Ensign

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Greetings! I'm currently watching the series for the first time. I've been a fan of the other shows for a long time but never made any effort to get into DS9. Until recently. After a recent marathon rewatch of Voyager, which I've always considered my favorite, it occurred to me how absurd it was that there was an entire seven-season ST show that I knew nothing about, other than it involved a space station of some sort.

So I decided to check out Emissary. Other than the painfully long "WHAT IS THIS" shtick with the prophets, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've been "Netflixing" my way through the series since. By the end of the first season, I was intrigued but not completely sold. By the end of the second season I was interested and with it. I was solidly hooked by the end of the third season. By the end of the fourth season, it seems I fell in love when I wasn't looking.

I find DS9 to be the richest, most interesting of the Trek series. Especially after spending so much time in the Delta quadrant with Voyager, DS9 is a great way to revel in the various species, events and political happenings of the Alpha quadrant. There have been some fascinating stories and interesting character development, and every season gets better and better. I'm genuinely excited to get into season five.

I finished the season four finale ten days ago and because of the holidays and a little bit of general slackishness on my part, the disc turn around has been slow. I've gotten used to watching two or more episodes every night. It's been ten days and I'm missing it hard. I'll receive the first disc of season five tomorrow. I can't wait. I'll likely watch all four episodes on the disc in one shot.