View Single Post
Old December 29 2010, 03:55 AM   #38
David R. George III
Writer

Send a message via AIM to David R. George III Send a message via Yahoo to David R. George III
Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

starri wrote: View Post

The resolution of the Sisko subplot actually made me angry.
Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that. The thing is, I truly feel that the way you characterized the story was not really accurate.

I guess I might just be overreacting to a plot development that I didn't like, but at the same, I wasn't exactly crazy about what's become of Kira, but I can at least see that being a fairly logical progression for her.
I wouldn't suggest that you are overreacting; whether or not you like a story is a subjective matter, and there's nothing wrong with you not liking--or even hating--my novel. At the same time, I really feel that your impressions of the events in the story are not entirely accurate.

I will also say this. On the whole, I love the Deep Space Nine characters, Sisko among them. I would never want to write anything that undermined the essence of any of those characters, and certainly not Ben. At the same time, I do understand that the direction in which I took Sisko's tale might challenge some readers. I'm good with that; I like to challenge myself, and to bring the unexpected to my work. It's my job to sell that to the readers, and I'm sorry I didn't manage to do that with you. I'm hopeful that I will have better fortunes with others.

On Facebook
David R. George III is offline   Reply With Quote