View Single Post
Old December 26 2010, 06:35 AM   #436
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Christmas Countdown Thread!

Holdfast wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
Now we just wait.
You really do make it sound like you're waiting for the executioner's axe to fall. I hope it ends up being more fun that you expect/fear!

Oh, you have no idea.....

Actually, the boys and I had a decent time. We played the Wii and watched Doctor Who together. I also scored big points with the younger one (15 yr old boy) by giving him a cd from my collection. It was a band he really liked, and I had already saved it to my computer, so I gave it to him. He looked at it like I had just handed him a holy relic *cue choir of angels*.

Crazy-ass sister in law keep rambling on and on (about the evils of labor unions, the evils of teenage dating, the evils of the public school system---see the pattern? ), so I left them in the dinning room after dinner. I was a model of restraint, but my diplomacy dam can only hold back so much. Hubby was very good at letting me escape from crazy-ass SIL; he took care of all the cooking, cleaning, dishes--everything. But they stayed for about 8 or 9 hours--about all I could take.

I finally got to drag out our old camera and get a few snaps of our little house before Hubby's family descended:
My little tree

Dinning room

and a bad close-up my one nutcracker, a gift last year, from my best pal: