View Single Post
Old December 24 2010, 09:47 PM   #420
macloudt
annoyingly polite

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt
Re: The Christmas Countdown Thread!

maclaus wrote: View Post
My last shopping task before tomorrow is to go to the American sweet shop and buy some goodies. I thought it would be fun to buy some Lucky Charms and Capt'n Crunch cereal (hideously expensive on this side of the pond, which is why I hardly buy it) and have it in the cupboard on Christmas morning for the kids to find. I'll also buy some American candy bars for their stockings, but not Hershey's...ptui!
Well, that nifty idea went out the window as the shop was already closed by 2pm. I'm not worried about it as I'll treat the kids to those goodies in the coming week.

This shop is about a 10-minute walk from my house and I have walk along one of the city's busiest roads. I couldn't get over the number of cars which were honking and the rude gestures drivers were making to each other. It's good to know that the old Christmas spirit is as alive on Christmas Eve Day as it was in the days when I worked retail.

High-quality, beautiful hand knit items in support of charity available at Neighbourworks - Close Knit Style. Check it out!
macloudt is offline   Reply With Quote