To take but one example, The Mummy had
- Internally consistent action believability
- An interesting female co-protagonist
- An interesting villain
- No random kid who beats up grown men and who is tasked by the hero of protecting his own life
- A consistent overall tone of tongue-in-cheek action horror
- No superfluous scenes. None. Name one,if you can.
It was also painfully generic, and for something that was supposed to be campy fun, didn't have a trace of wit in either it's story or dialogue.
I'll take ToD over The Mummy anyday.