View Single Post
Old December 24 2010, 04:42 AM   #1385
Franklin
Rear Admiral

Re: What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now?

Télapó wrote: View Post
kes7 wrote: View Post
Télapó wrote: View Post
Real American Coca Cola. Not that "Made in Sweden by Achmed" crap but a coke straight from New York City.
Funnily enough, here in the USA, everyone crowds Costco to get their hands on "Mexican Coke." It only sounds illegal. It's really just Coca Cola made in Mexico with real cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.
Rly? I had no idea... Well, as they say, you learn something new every day.
If you live in large metro area in the U.S., around Passover, look for two-liter bottles of Coke with a yellow cap instead of red. This means the Coke is kosher for Passover. It is made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Coke bottles it during Passover for NYC, Chicago, and a few other urban areas with large Jewish populations. They started selling it in the DC a couple of years ago, and it became such a hit that stores would sell out of it soon after it hit the shelves.
Anyone who can remember what Coke tasted like before 1985 will know why the cane sugar Coke is so popular. (Especially fountain Coke with real sugar -- oh, that was the stuff!). It's the "kick," or "bite" it has on the tongue. Even the smell is stronger, some say. The Mexican stuff is it, too. Makes my Costco membership worth it.

Right now, however, I'm through wrapping the last present, so I'm sipping and thoroughly enjoying a martini (with an olive, so I'm eating something, too).