View Single Post
Old December 24 2010, 02:15 AM   #145
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

BEFORE AND AFTER - 3x21 - 3/5

Whilst I have said before that I am big Kes/Jennifer Lien fan, this episode doesn't really elevate above 'slightly over average' for me. It's fun time travel fluff, which is pretty much Trek's bread and butter and also serves as a harbinger of terrible things to come, but is just a bit weak in general.

It's interesting see Janeway's contrasting attitude towards time travel compared to other Trek captains as he seems to say "to hell with timeline contamination, TELL ME THE FUTURE!" I guess I would do the same if I were stranded in the middle of nowhere, 70 years away from home, so I certainly wouldn't hold that against her.

Some of the dialogue in this episode isn't great though, especially Kes' AWFUL closing line to the episode "if there's one thing this experience has taught me is that there's no time like the present". I would've thought having a lifespan of only nine years would condition you to feel "there's no time like the present", especially given that every other race around seems to live about 10 times longer than you?!

Overall, it's pretty shallow but enjoyable enough.
Malcolm Reed & Charles Tucker III
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote