View Single Post
Old December 21 2010, 11:31 PM   #23
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Indiana Jones: The Quest for Death...aka Harrison says kill Indy!!

Reverend wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
...keep him alive but move him into a supporting role with Mutt (who came up with that name?!) to the forefront.
Well, its more a nickname, like Indy(named for the dog he loved). Mutt(nickname no doubt playing off the dog thing) is really ALSO named Henry. He is Henry Jones III.
^Oh I know, but it's still a crap nickname.

Incidentally, with all the KotCS hate flying around I should admit in all honesty that I rather liked the film. Not a patch on Raiders and totally lacking the chemistry that made Last Crusade great, but it was much better overall than Temple of Doom and taken on it's own it was still an enjoyable film in it's own right and beat the hell out of pretenders like the National Treasure, Tomb Raider of Mummy films audiences have been subjected to since Indy last rode off into that sunset. So yeah, I'd take a sub-par Indy over just about any other adventure movie any day.
My thoughts entirely (including Mutt being a lame nickname), although I think I enjoyed The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls more than most.

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
EJA wrote: View Post
Yes, I have heard that according to the Young Indy shows, Indy himself survives all the way into the early 1990s.
Lucas considers those wraparounds apocryphal, and has since the VHS releases of the late-90s which excised them. They aren't even on the DVD box sets.
Really? Why does Lucas not like them? I've never watched the show (except a YouTube clip of Ford's appearance).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote