View Single Post
Old December 21 2010, 04:59 AM   #12
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
Re: Alias just ticked me off badly!!! (Season 3)

Lauren started off as an irritating roadblock, a plot device designed merely to keep Syd and Vaughn apart. She wasn't a bad character but she wasn't all that likable or interesting. Until they revealed her to be bad. Then she became 500% more fascinating and fun as a character. I agree that it was unfortunate that she was killed off at the end of the season.

Season 3 was a bit uneven, but I don't think it was a terrible season. It just wasn't as tightly written or cohesive as the first two seasons. It introduced some interesting plot points and mysteries but poorly resolved/developed them. Basically, it was an adequate premise but a disappointing execution. The mystery surrounding Syd's missing two years was cool, but the reveal was ultimately underwhelming. The introduction of the Passenger was fine, but making her Syd's long-lost half sister was lame. I also feel like they did not adequately follow up on Nadia's role as the Passenger in subsequent seasons.

Season 4 is a massive disappointment from beginning to end. There's very little to enjoy. Season 5 starts to get back on track and I really like the season, but at this point it's too late and the show gets a rushed, poorly-planned finale that I was not happy with. Ultimately, I find Alias to be a really fun, entertaining show with great characters, but the plots and storylines are horribly contrived and poorly executed (at least, everything after season 2).
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote