View Single Post
Old December 20 2010, 12:35 PM   #52
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Anyone here a fan of Firefly?

Pauln6 wrote: View Post
I'm a huge Firefly fan but I will admit that it wasn't until Mrs Reynolds that the show clicked for me. I think Joss said it had higher ratings than Buffy did during her first season but presumably sci fi shows require bigger budgets so they expect more.
This is likely it. And Firefly was, if memory serves, more expensive then sci-fi shows like, say, Stargate: Atlantis. This wasn't the kind of show that could subsis for years on a shoestring budget and a loyal cult audience as Babylon 5 did.

Venison wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
I'm a huge Firefly fan but I will admit that it wasn't until Mrs Reynolds that the show clicked for me.
I had trouble at the start as well, but that was because they didn't show the pilot I think. When you watch it on DVD from the start it all makes much more sense a lot more quickly.
Indeed. "The Train Job" was lousy as a pilot and a decidedly middle of the road episode; I found "Serenity" (the episode, not the movie) a far more engrossing introduction.