View Single Post
Old December 20 2010, 06:09 AM   #43
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: Anyone here a fan of Firefly?

I'm a huge fan of Firefly (anyone who needs proof can just look at my signature, which contains a link to a virtual continuation of the series that myself and several others worked on and are starting to resume work on), and consider it to be one of my top 5 favorite television series of all time.

Answering the question about robots, they do in fact exist within the FF universe, but we only ever saw one such creature: Mr. Universe's 'lovebot' wife, Lenore, introduced in the series' feature-length film sequel/continuation, 'Serenity'.

I'd also like to adamantly disagree with the idea that the Alliance itself was meant to be portrayed as 'evil'; there's a distinct difference between an organization or group being set up as the antagonists of a television series or novel, and said organization or group being portrayed as evil. The Alliance is an example of the former, but not the latter, something that Joss himself specifically points out during some of his commentaries for the series, particularly his commentary for what he considers to be the series' finale, 'Objects in Space', in which he explains in great detail his motivations behind creating the series and the ways in which it represents his philosophies about life and the world in general.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote