View Single Post
Old December 20 2010, 04:17 AM   #850
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

The Fighter is on my list, I enjoyed reading that min-review.

I saw two movies this weekend.
-Tron: Legacy
-Narnia: Voyage of the Dawntreader (is there a disc/grading thread for this?)

Tron
I haven't seen the first movie in forever and have forgotten 95% of it and it seems they made the movie with that in mind. They did a good job, imo, of creating a narrative that weaved what I perceived as fill in the blank flashbacks to the first movie in the beginning. Felt it was a good blend of action and that the story was more than paper thin(which is what I often expect from an action spectacle film). I saw it in 2-D but I think it likely would have been worth the 3-D upcharge.

Voyage of the Dawntreader
It's a shame that this wasn't marketed well by Fox. It's only made about $50m in 10 days on a $155m budget. It is a much much better movie from start to finish that Prince Caspian. This had adventure, some magic, some myth and was fun the entire time. They introduced a new kid, Eustace, who is a cousin to the Pevensie kids. Thanks to wiki I've found he is the star of the next book The Silver Chair. He grew from an annoyance to a likeable character and it would be interesting to see the next movie with him in the lead. If you have an interest in the Narnia series I suggest you check this movie out.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote