View Single Post
Old December 20 2010, 04:07 AM   #138
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

CODA - 3x15 - 1/5

I am really at a loss with this episode. First of all, it feels like a cheat, especially the first 20 minutes as they have NOTHING to do with the main plot. I would've preferred if this had been a time loop story. It may be an overused device, but they're always fun in my opinion. No instead we get 45 minutes of Janeway: The Mary Sue

The entirety of this episode is "how great is Janeway, she has no character flaws". I haven't seen such sickly character indulgence since Kirk failed to hear what anyone was saying over the sound of how awesome he is.

It's made even worse by the fact this is ALL INSIDE HER HEAD. It doesn't paint a realistic (or likeable) picture of Janeway if it so happens that her opinion of herself is so inflated that she thinks that everyone on the ships just ADORES her. It's just bullshit, you cannot tell me that there is NO ONE on the ship who bears a grudge towards Janeway and would be happy to see Chakotay in command. It would've been a hell of a lot more interesting to see Janeway have visions of her own paranoia/fears about Voyager's situation being illustrated to the audience. Depict at least SOME of the crew now seeing Chakotay in command as being an opportunity to make some changes on board. This would've given some insight into the situation Janeway has put herself and the crew in. No that might have been interesting. Sigh.

Oh and her line: "GO BACK TO HELL" is just….ugh, so extremely cheesy. I am giving this episode a 1 as it gave Beltran the opportunity to actually act for once. Also Janeway and Chakotay need to have sex, STAT - GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEMS.
Malcolm Reed & Charles Tucker III
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote