View Single Post
Old December 15 2010, 10:19 PM   #154
Christopher
Writer

Re: Full story for Bryan Singer's planned SUPERMAN RETURNS sequel reve

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Of late, I've thought a Toyman story which used licensed properties would be a rather good idea. Superman vs. Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, AT-AT imperial walkers, Gundams of all stripes, and beyond.
I shudder to think of the licensing issues involved there. In comics, it would very difficult, since those properties are all licensed to different publishers than DC. (Although if Toyman had been a Marvel character back in the '80s, the first four would've been easily doable.) In movies, maybe the Micronauts and Gundam could be licensed, but the screen rights to Transformers and GI Joe lie with Paramount (and Dreamworks in the former case) and Star Wars is Lucasfilm, so they'd be unlikely to show up in a WB-produced Superman film. (On the other hand, The Clone Wars airs on the WB-owned Cartoon Network, so maybe something could be arranged there.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote