View Single Post
Old December 15 2010, 03:39 AM   #60
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Jon Favreau exits IRON MAN 3

The Hero Complex sat down with Jon Favreau to discuss his decision to focus on The Magic Kingdom and depart Iron Man 3.

“Marvel and I both came of age together,” Favreau said. “The years that we shared were a pivotal experience. Kevin has a firm grasp on the many franchises and how they all interweave and I am happy that I had the opportunity to establish the world that these characters can now play in…. ‘Iron Man’ has given me tremendous opportunities and Kevin and I are enjoying a lot of momentum in our careers thanks to the ‘Iron Man’ films. I look forward to seeing what others can do playing in the same world.”
It sounds like Favreau just wanted to explore other creative opportunities. His purported experiences working on Iron Man 2 may have contributed to that, but from all accounts, Favreau leaving Iron Man 3 and parting ways with Marvel seemed amicable. Regardless, according to the article he'll still be listed as a producer on The Avengers.