View Single Post
Old December 14 2010, 05:02 AM   #263
chardman
Vice Admiral

View chardman's Twitter Profile
Re: DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Geck wrote: View Post
Huge let-down for me. ...things that bugged me were:
- Deb driving up to the camp - possibly an incredibly dangerous situation - completely alone, without calling for any backup before going in. She's not that stupid.
That's not stupid, but an incredibly smart move, as I believe that it was her intent to help the vigilantes kill Jordan Chase, or to off him herself, and backup would have made either of those ideas impossible.

Remember, we've seen Deb express understanding, sympathy, and even admiration for her theoretical vigilantes, and her "affection" for them seemed to increase every time she broached the subject, particularly in her conversations with with Dexter. So much so that the idea of Deb directly exacting justice is certainly something that I could see her exploring.

It's been clear to me for several episodes now, that Deb would either insure that the vigilantes would get away with it, or actually take part in their act of vengeance against Chase, particularly when/if she realized that Dex was involved. In fact, the only problem I've had with the season is that they telegraphed this so early on, and that when Deb actually did let them get away with it, it came as absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, expecting that this obviously telegraphed revelation was designed to distract us from an even bigger revelation, which unfortunately never came.