Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old December 13 2010, 06:53 AM   #60
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
The Collector Base won't play any significant role in the end. If it were key to defeating the Reapers, we wouldn't have been able to destroy it. Same goes for the rachni queen. We'll be able to beat the Reapers without either, because BioWare's going to want to make it possible for people who have only played ME3 to defeat the Reapers.
I don't think saving the base will be required to win, but I do think it will make victory easier or lower the death-count in ME3. I've watched a couple of let's plays and I've read some comments online where people blew up the base because it seemed like the right thing to do, and while I understand that decision, I decided to save it because I was thinking ahead to the third game. If that decision doesn't have a big impact on ME3 I'll be disappointed and made to look like a chump. I don't want that, I want everyone else to feel like chumps.

A JaxMas Carol wrote: View Post
Possibly though I read that stuff from ME 1 choices will play a role in the game and the 2 endings of both previous games will play a crucial part. Bioware will obviously set up ME 3 for total failure as one of the choices ...
There's already a way of doing that in most games and it's called dying. I imagine there will be scenarios where Shepard will die or Earth will be sacrificed to save the rest of the galaxy. The question is, will there be people that made poor decisions in the first two games that will find it impossible to have a truly victorious ending to the game, or will the choices you make in ME3 be able to override poor decisions you made in the past? I'm hoping for the former, I'd love it if my decision to let the council die in ME1 significantly hurt my chances of surviving in ME3.

One reason why I love Mass Effect is because unlike most games you know the ending is going to be the villian being defeated 99.9% of the time...ME 3 could go so many ways its a little unsettling I could actually fail after years of playing the franchise
Yeah, I remember Shepard making that leap onto the Normandy at the end of ME2 and just holding my breath. I knew that I made mostly right calls during the mission, but knowing there there was a possibility Shepard would die made me nervous right up until the moment the ship "warped" away.