View Single Post
Old December 13 2010, 06:07 AM   #238
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Re: DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

ialfan is right. It's been FIVE seasons and Deb still doesn't know Dexter's secret. I mean, what are they waiting for? I mean it's not like her finding out won't have any dramatic possibilities for the show to explore. It's going to have plenty of that with Deb's torment over the revelation of her brother being a serial killer and how that conflicts with her ethics as a cop. There are times like this I wish the show was more like Breaking Bad in which the wife of the central character found out about his secret criminal enterprise in the beginning of the third season and explored the consequences of her finding out.

And to answer your question, StarTrek1701: it's because this show had stopped being the Dexter I loved and watched every second of every episode of. These days, I can barely watch a full episode because of the sloppy, poor writing. It lost something or more than one something that made it one of my favorites back in the days of Seasons 1-3. It's an agonizing experience like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It makes me wish they had cancelled the show after this season. I've had enough!
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote