View Single Post
Old December 13 2010, 02:24 AM   #129
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

FUTURE'S END, PART II - 3x09 - 4/5

First things first: HOLY SHIT THEY REFERENCED 'THE SWARM'! I am so happy that the Doctor's dilemma was actually referenced as I felt it might affect events on Earth. I mean, it's not really that important, but it's an attention to detail in character development which I applaud.

Part II maintains the fun and action of Part I and is a satisfying conclusion to this two parter, something Trek doesn't often get right. There are so many great scenes, but I especially love the Doc's delivery of the line: "Divine intervention is unlikely." I am not a huge fan of Chakotay and B'Elanna's dilemma, but it's resolved entertainingly and doesn't drag on too long. And it results in them using a shuttle to blow up a truck

A couple of nitpicks in the closing scenes: Janeway responding to the Doctor's request for his own quarters with dismissal is a bit harsh. That is not an unreasonable request!

Second, couldn't they just slingshot around the sun whilst still in the alpha quadrant? However I guess this is a problem endemic of ALL Star Trek in that they never use the same solution to a problem twice.
Malcolm Reed & Charles Tucker III
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote