View Single Post
Old December 12 2010, 06:00 AM   #119
JD
Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Seize The Fire review thread

kaysea wrote: View Post
lol, ok it was insulting. I wanted to get under the writers skin,especially those that read these board in order to goad them into putting more effort into these trek novels. Ok, its not the best way to encourage but whatever helps in creating better quality trek lit. So ...

(to the Trek lit writers & their future novels) Show me and everyone else if you can create a Trek novel worthy of a Hugo or Nebula award ... or are you just another pulp fiction writer working on your 40th novel?
You're really not making yourself look any better here. Like sci said, it's pretty obvious that they are putting effort into the books. You really need to keep in mind that they're writting these for everyone, not just you. So sometimes they might not do exactly what you want to them do. It doesn't mean they're not trying, it just means they're taking things in a different direction than what you want. And as much as you may hate it, different isn't always a bad thing.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote