View Single Post
Old December 12 2010, 01:11 AM   #116
JD
Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Seize The Fire review thread

kaysea wrote: View Post
To each his own I guess.

I understand having to cover the consequences but really is it necessary to have 4(?) typhon pact books to just cover the consequences of the destiny novels?, which seize the fire did not even remotely cover. One book could have fulfilled that criteria.
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near as deep into these cultures and their interactions with the crews. The whole point of the series was to give us a chance to get a more in depth look at the cultures that join the TP and how they effect the crews we know. And I am sorry, but that is way too complex of a topic to be covered satisfactorily in just one book.
Its a shame 'cause I'm a huge trek fan and mediocre trek books in comparison to other sci-fi novels are great in my eyes and the Destiny novels and its sequels had such great potential. Like the old saying quality over quantity , I would very much prefer a set of great novels than have hundreds of mediocre to sub-par Trek novels anyday. I will bluntly say the reason for this is cause these trek authors are merely in it for the money than for the love of Star trek or the love of creating a great sci-fi novel.
Oh so now you're just going to get insulting, real nice. Just because they decide to take things in a different direction than you like doesn't mean they don't care, it just means (oh my god what a shock) they don't see things the way you do. As shocking and hard as it may be for you to believe they don't write the books just for you. Trust me, I've been hanging out on these boards for 5 or 6 years now, and I can assure you that all of the authors love Trek just as much as the rest of us, if not more.