View Single Post
Old December 10 2010, 10:16 PM   #45
The Fatman
Captain

Send a message via AIM to The Fatman
Re: Full story for Bryan Singer's planned SUPERMAN RETURNS sequel reve

As a starting point, I am actually intrigued by a lot of the themes in the outline. I do have enough faith in Singer as as storyteller that the final script would have fleshed out the Brainiac and made him more than a one-note villain. I point you no further than the Xmen movies where even Stryker, the closest thing to a mustache twirler, is still pretty sympathetic. And let's not even get started on Singer's Magneto.

The stuff with the Son actually strikes me as reactionary to the intense fanboy hatred of the concept of super-kid in Returns. This eliminates an unpopular character from future sequels, and his death has some dramatic heft.

It's also nice to have final confirmation that all the rumors from a couple years ago about Jude Law as General Zod were complete crap. I was not a fan of reusing that character in general, and REALLY not a fan of the actor in specific.

Ultimately, as of right now, I would say that I would probably prefer to see THIS movie developed than the Snyder/Goyer reboot. However, I reserve the right to change my mind once more info and images from the new movie come out.
The Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote