View Single Post
Old December 9 2010, 11:47 PM   #672
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Yukikaze wrote: View Post
If we surmise that it (whatever it is in the end) infected the entire population, killed (and then resurrected) a large portion - say 60-70% - then I'm sure that this would also have taken place within the military - wouldn't it?
It's not like all military instalations are sealed airtight and the air filtered for the cause of what has been killing all the people.
And in this case a large portion of your supporting personnel (logistics, maintenance) as well as a sizable portion of your fighting force would also be sick-gone-resurrected just like that (perhaps even in a matter of hours/days?), removing a large nummber of people with the training to fight the enemy as a cohesive force.
That's a good thought. It's very likely the military was destabilized right from the beginning.

sojourner wrote: View Post
Anyone else think the helicopter Rick saw might be a tip of the hat to the original Dawn of the Dead?
Good way to look at it, I guess. I thought it was foreshadowing, but apparently it wasn't; might as well take it as DOTD homage.