View Single Post
Old December 9 2010, 09:33 PM   #664
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
Ryan wrote: View Post
Corran Horn wrote: View Post
I think World War Z plays up the scenario that the US lacked the political will to do anything in terms of a measured, reasoned military response because they were in full-on 'deny' mode well into the zombie crisis.
The chapter covering the Battle of Yonkers is definitely worth checking out. It's a very plausible scenario on how the military could FUBAR the whole thing up.
i just read that...and yeah, some "great" ways to explain how our forces were hurt.

i would also add a couple of other things:

overzealous/callous soldiers who who shoot bitten (but not dead) kids, and doing so in front of their loved ones.

That would make some poeple snap, and maybe blame ALL military for that killing, and then take out the soldiers unexpectedly. ("You killed my baby! She was just a little sick. What? We , eat this!")
One thing I could see is soldiers losing their resolve...based on the fact that the zombies used to be humans as well as that their own families are directly in danger, wherever they may be.