View Single Post
Old December 7 2010, 11:33 PM   #595
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

The Fatman wrote: View Post
Now, I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the US, I can see several days of debate and arguing about what to do, with a lot of people arguing for following of CDC quarantine policies and for the search for a cure first before authorizing military action against sick american citizens. I am sure there would be borders and checkpoints set up, with soldiers being authorized to engage if engaged first, but no offensive actions ordered....then it's too late.
Yeah, the military works great when it has time to fully prepare, but I think Katrina and 911 showed that when there's a huge, chaotic event from out of the blue, they have to scramble and stumble around for a plan just like everybody else.

Plus this is apparently a world where people have never heard of zombies, so everyone's first inclination when they see a love one who's infected is probably not to blow their brains out. Even weeks into the outbreak, people are still going to be hesistant to take that step, and that's probably what ultimately does humanity in.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote