View Single Post
Old December 5 2010, 10:48 PM   #38
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Someone who enjoyed Star Trek XI

BillJ wrote: View Post
Devon wrote: View Post
Santa Claus wrote: View Post

It's like baking a cake. The more masterful, experienced, knowledgeable baker will generally produce a much better product, even if all of the other bakers have the exact same ingredients. That's the case here. Same general ingredients, different methods, different bakers, totally different results.
Very good way to put it.
I'm still convinced if this same exact film had come out with Rick Berman's name on it, it would have been a financial and critical failure.
I'm not. The same film would not have come out if Rick Berman had been behind it. The needed drive and creative effort needed for this movie just wasn't there anymore with that team. This film had the right blend of action/adventure and pop culture. The previous film mixed those elements poorly.

Now, if you're saying that if Rick Berman and company somehow produced this movie and that it would have been shot down, I disagree there as well. First Contact was a Berman and company effort, and it was very successful. While the anger, frustration and dislike from the fan community has been rather excessive in their vocal displeasure with Berman and crew, there are legitimate reasons why such displeasure exists. Nothing occurs in a vacuum.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote