View Single Post
Old December 5 2010, 05:51 AM   #827
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Taken [A]

Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Liam Neeson, already an excellent actor, pulls out all the stops for this one. He does the role of a grim, determined man perfectly and the action scenes are without fail. One of the best movies of the decade.

Harry Brown [A+]

Yet another tale of vengeance, this time starring Michael Caine. An ultra-realistic, completely immersive tale of a really old dude blowing away a bunch of gangsters. Caine is really a likeable character, especially for my favorite line: "You've forgotten the six P's: Perfect planning prevents piss-poor performance".

I know, I'm going to be stoned to death for this one. I appear to be in the minority of people who saw past the graphics that admittedly put my own amateur efforts to shame. All I got from the plot was a bland "(insert White European substitute here) vs. (insert Native American substitute here)" story, with environmentalism thrown in too. No originality required.

Toy Story 3 [A+]

Definitely the best children's flick I've seen. There's some good comedy as you'd expect from a Toy Story movie, but there are some really heartfelt moments in there. It actually brought a tear to my eye, but you're going to have to watch to see what it is.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote