View Single Post
Old December 4 2010, 11:27 PM   #3125
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

FIFA now wants to move the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to January and not the summer are you fucking kidding me. Govern our game or not, NOT one of the major football leagues in Europe will go for it and the clubs will give FIFA one giant collective FUCK YOU gesture.

I hope this is true but the media are reporting that FA's from over the world and clubs are preparing to meet to talk about a proposed breakaway from FIFA though of course they would only use such a threat to get reform. FIFA power could be easily stripped away if a large majorty of the top FA's with club backings told FIFA to fuck off because the sponsors would follow them and not FIFA.

I wonder if the likes of England, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Japan, South Korea, Belgium, USA, Aussies threaten to not take part in 2022 what would happen...

France would not join because they have high profile members from their FA involved in UEFA and FIFA. Italy would not join either because their government is corrupt and probably would pressure there own FA. Germany would be a wildcard and I would guess we would get some smaller FA nations around the world to build a decent coalition to threaten FIFA but with the powerhouses of Europe we would have the advantage.