View Single Post
Old December 3 2010, 12:35 AM   #302
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Ship Polaris

I was going to post some really big updates on the Polaris this weekend but I went to boot up my workstation at home last night and it crashed on startup. Not sure what's going on yet, maybe some bad memory or a graphics card failure, but it will have to be fixed before I can make any further progress.

In the mean time, I do have a few renderings from last week that I hadn't gotten around to posting yet:

The main thing to see here is the FTL drive system. I detailed all the internal guts for two reasons: First, because some of it is visible around the edges of the sphere even with the access panels closed; second, because the objects surrounding the sphere relate to a specific plot point in the script.

Aside from some texturing updates (all still temporary), the only other features of note are the tail fins on the aft ring. I was just experimenting with some ways to finish off the blunt ends of those ring segments. I kind of like them myself but I can't guarantee they will survive beyond the next round of updates. I am interested in everyones' feedback, though.
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote