View Single Post
Old December 2 2010, 02:52 AM   #50
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: Which should I watch? TNG or Enterprise?

Well first off, let's all relax and allow each poster to have their own opinions on the shows without getting testy at one another.

Yes, TNG season 1 (but not IMHO) season 2 had it problems, with several episodes being quite bad. However, as BillJ pointed out, there's a "fun factor" there while I see Ent as coming off as just tired and dull in seasons 1-2.

And even in season 1 there's still "heart of glory," "110011001," "conspiracy" and "the big goodbye" which showed TNG gaining some footing. I don't think I like any episode of season 1 of ENT as much as any of those episodes.

I'm not influenced by "nostalgia." I'm far too young to have been a fan of TOS when it was in its first-run yet I have always LOVED that show for its adventure, the relationship of the "big three," its (usually) smart stories, etc. It wasn't even ON in re-runs for a long time when I became a Star Trek fan and I used to have to find videotapes of certain episodes and stuff to watch it, and what I saw always made me want to come back for more.

Like BillJ, I'm always in the mood for some TOS or TNG episodes. But Ent? not nearly as much enthusiasm.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote