View Single Post
Old December 1 2010, 04:35 PM   #43
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Which should I watch? TNG or Enterprise?

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
On the other hand, we have Precious Cargo, Marauders, Acquisition, Unexpected, Bounty... also really bad, but less fun. Besides, they only manage to be marginally offensive to women, while the above mentioned TNG episodes manage to genuinely offend women, black people, Irish people, and 20th century humans in general.
See I'd rather a show actually have the balls to offend people than to be so bland that they put me to sleep. YMMV.

Though I really liked Unexpected.

ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post

Have you even looked recently at the 2 first seasons of TNG? At the last season of TOS? This, while trying to put down the nostagia/fan-of-the-show glasses?
So you're saying that the only way one can enjoy shows from the 60's, 70's and 80's is through nostalgia? I really feel sorry for you.

You may want to go back and re-examine those shows you so easily dismiss as nostalgia. There's a reason we're still talking about and watching them twenty, thirty and even forty years later.

Last edited by BillJ; December 1 2010 at 05:03 PM.
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote