View Single Post
Old November 28 2010, 12:16 AM   #25
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Re: "Rare" Star Trek: Encarta Bridge Set Stills

That's where the battle's been in my head since the last one was made. In many ways the story line did wrap up with the Encarta crew re-uniting and setting course for normal space. The viewer can always imagine the rest...Though the story we started developing for "Redemption" was unique and telling a side of the Star Trek universe that's never been seen before. I liked the thought of continuing to tell the story of what Starfleet would do to Lynch, the crew, and the ship. The remainder of the crew likely has serious post traumatic stress issues, they watched over a hundred of their collegues perish, then their beloved Captain marooned them on a planet for about a year...In my opinion 2 of Voyagers best episodes were Year Of Hell and Equinox, both of which I believe really fell short. There was a lot of story potential that was not utilized and that was one of the reasons I decided to do what I did with 'Dark Hope'.
Well, I can definitely see how you could have some interesting material for a fifth Encarta film, and it's not as if I wouldn't want to see it! Heheheh. Either way, I just want to see something entertaining! I wouldn't want you to be limited by not being able to assemble all the actors again to reprise their roles, or not being able to get appropriate costuming for whatever era your story needs to take place in, or any continuity stuff that really isn't important to the entertainment value of a good story. I'd love to hear more about whatever it is you've got cooking.

One of my minor criticisms of "Dark Hope" is that it didn't feel very accessible to a new viewer. It took me a little bit to figure out exactly what was going on and who these people were, what their relationships were to each other. I think maybe that had something to do with the structure of the film more so than the story itself, but whether you decide to do another Encarta sequel or something completely fresh it would be neat to have some time dedicated to easing the viewer into the world you're creating.

Sounds to me like you need to jump ahead five years to see where the members of the crew ended up. Of course, there's always the chance that something the Encarta encountered on the way home shows up in the Alpha Quadrant, which leads to the gang getting together again to prevent what happened in a whole 'nuther part of the universe from happening in the AQ.
Just a thought.
That's actually a pretty cool concept!
Andymator is offline   Reply With Quote