Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old November 27 2010, 03:45 AM   #2
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Dark Knight

I've seen it now about ten times since it first came out and think it's just an incredible piece of film making period let alone a comic book film. The story is executed flawlessly I think and is paced extremely well despite it being a lengthy film. I still regret not being able to see this in the theater when it came out, it came out on the day I was released from hospital from my second foot surgery. I agree that it is a pinnacle of comic book films and yes shows what you can do when you take the source material seriously. You don't need to be exact with the material but at least take the core elements from the material and make it work with the context of the film. There are various snippets from "Batmanark Victory" in the film, and of course the use of the Bat Bunker (a nod to the Dennis O'Neil run in the 70's and something that Grant Morrison has used during his run with Dick as Batman). Bale really does over do his Batman voice but it's grown on me. I think it vastly improved in "The Dark Knight". I can't wait for "The Dark Knight Rises".

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote