View Single Post
Old November 23 2010, 09:53 PM   #98
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Aronofsky's Wolverine film title announced

Xavier_Storma wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Xavier_Storma wrote: View Post
I do not know what people hate so much about X-MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE. It was a fun action movie, with a brilliant cast (especially Jackman and Schreiber), a good plot and it was more down to the Earth than the last X-Men films. I liked the gritty style of it, and all the action scenes were cool (especially the tower fight).

I never read the comics though, which could probably explain why I enjoyed all 4 X-films so far.

That being said I am looking forward to both FIRST CLASS and THE WOLVERINE. Aronofsky is a very talented director, who captures the essence of characters on screen. I trust that THE WOLVERINE will become the best and most demanding of the X-films.
Thank you for this input.

You are the otherside of the audience these films are also made for. The part of the audience that's never read an X-Men or Wolvie comic and is getting introducted to them via these films.
Yes! And I loved all four films, even the much hated third one. They had a constant continuing story and I did not 'feel' the much discussed drop in quality from the 2nd to the 3rd.
As for ORIGINS. It was a totally different film and reminded me of RAMBO - FIRST BLOOD in style and narration. It was not worse than the other three. So far no X-film has disappointed me and I am really looking forward to both prequels/spinoffs which are in production.
Understood.
I have many friends that don't read comics and like the movie.
When asked why I have issues with it and I explain why, they reply: You're nitpicking and not to expect a film to be exactly as it is in comics. I've come to agree with them, to a degree. Especially when you consider that comic writers change and alter characters and origins all the time and most times we accept it. It does seem very funny that we'd be upset with a little altering from comic to film. He's still Wolverine and Sabertooth was even better than he was in X-Men.
How bad could it be if folks are still willing to return for a sequel?

Last edited by exodus; November 23 2010 at 10:12 PM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote