View Single Post
Old November 23 2010, 04:24 AM   #38
Andy Mangels
Writer

Re: Typhon Pact: Seize The Fire review thread

ares93 wrote: View Post
Angstromdweller wrote: View Post
For a moment there I thought you meant "Star Trek couple" as in the Martin/Mangels writer duo.
Nah, not that duo. Those two, I'm still pissed at. But as ye say, "deal with it". And so, that is what I'm doing. I meant Ezri and Julian btw.
I can confirm that the decision to break up Julian and Ezri came directly as a mandate from editor Marco Palmieri, and was set up for quite some time before we ever got the writing assignment for WoDS9: Trill - Unjoined.

Whether either of us agreed with the decision or not is immaterial; I know that we tried to make it seem both necessary and heartbreaking, as with the break-up of most any relationship.

As to other comments in this thread, the fact that I didn't work on this Titan book was an immense personal frustration. As a co-creator of the Titan milieu (with Marco, Mike, and Christopher), I feel very close to this particular corner of the franchise.

I had hoped to do Titan comics for IDW, and as mentioned elsewhere, even pitched them WITH Tim Russ as a co-plotter/writer, but IDW passed on the project just before San Diego.

That's the world of working on licensed projects though; sometimes you get to birth the universe, sometimes you get thrown into another Quadrant...
Andy Mangels is offline   Reply With Quote