View Single Post
Old November 23 2010, 12:08 AM   #16
Christopher
Writer

Re: Buffy TVS to be (ugh) Rebooted

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
It wasn't misread. Read the post.
I did, several times, to confirm it.

Atlas Entertainment announced today it is rebooting the beloved franchise, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with Warner Bros. Pictures. Atlas' Charles Roven and Steve Alexander will produce the feature film alongside Doug Davison and Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment (The Ring, How to Train Your Dragon, The Departed). Whit Anderson is writing the script.
"Whit approached us with an exciting idea about how to update Buffy," said Roven. "There is an active fan base eagerly awaiting this character's return to the big screen. We're thrilled to team up with Doug and Roy on a re-imagining of Buffy and the world she inhabits. Details of the film are being kept under wraps, but I can say while this is not your high school Buffy, she'll be just as witty, tough, and sexy as we all remember her to be."
(Emphasis added.)

That description leaves me wondering if maybe this is meant to be a sequel to the '92 Kristy Swanson film.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote