View Single Post
Old November 22 2010, 08:41 PM   #85
Xavier_Storma
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Aronofsky's Wolverine film title announced

exodus wrote: View Post
Xavier_Storma wrote: View Post
I do not know what people hate so much about X-MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE. It was a fun action movie, with a brilliant cast (especially Jackman and Schreiber), a good plot and it was more down to the Earth than the last X-Men films. I liked the gritty style of it, and all the action scenes were cool (especially the tower fight).

I never read the comics though, which could probably explain why I enjoyed all 4 X-films so far.

That being said I am looking forward to both FIRST CLASS and THE WOLVERINE. Aronofsky is a very talented director, who captures the essence of characters on screen. I trust that THE WOLVERINE will become the best and most demanding of the X-films.
Thank you for this input.

You are the otherside of the audience these films are also made for. The part of the audience that's never read an X-Men or Wolvie comic and is getting introducted to them via these films.
Yes! And I loved all four films, even the much hated third one. They had a constant continuing story and I did not 'feel' the much discussed drop in quality from the 2nd to the 3rd.
As for ORIGINS. It was a totally different film and reminded me of RAMBO - FIRST BLOOD in style and narration. It was not worse than the other three. So far no X-film has disappointed me and I am really looking forward to both prequels/spinoffs which are in production.