View Single Post
Old November 22 2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Picard Alpha
Commander

Re: "Rare" Star Trek: Encarta Bridge Set Stills

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
VERY nice! I hope the set gets some new use one of these days.
My new business partner and I were recently toying around with an idea. We came up with a very clever concept for a fifth film or a brand new fan series. I've been hesitant to continue the Encarta story because I feel like standalone stories offer bigger potential; however it would be fun to make a number 5, which effectively would tie up the rift story that began in E:III and turn the story into a true trilogy. The biggest issue was finding believable FC/NEM era costumes, as you may remember the entire Encarta wardrobe was destroyed for the forth film (FYI, we never actualy had proper era costuming due to costs, the films utilized rather cheap TNG era costumes)...We also thought about designing something entirely new, but my attempts to find a costume designer at an affordable rate ended rather quickly...Around Halloween I almost purchased 8 of these: I wasn't to sure the quality would be good enough for full HD at the price they wanted for them. My parent company, Bright Idea Pictures is now equipped with a full resolution Canon 5D. Maybe the folks at Intrepid would loan their wardrobe, fantastic costumes by the way

I actually made it as far as asking a few of the original players if they'd be interested in reprising their roles. However after the financial battle of doing another fan film, we opted to go another direction with an entirely new idea which is currently in pre-production. I made these films when I was a kid, and spent next to nothing on them. It's amazing to think that the only thing that threw up a red light for production was personally financing wardrobe! The rest of the film I can work on in my basement at or above the quality level of Dark Hope. Some might remember my recent "Q Who" blunder, I think I did all of those effects in less than 2 weeks. It really amazes me how much faster things render these days with the right equipment. Before the Q Who project, the last time I rendered Star Trek effects was in '07.

Last edited by Picard Alpha; November 22 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Picard Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote