View Single Post
Old November 18 2010, 10:12 PM   #188
macloudt
Shut up, I'm counting

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt
Re: The Christmas Countdown Thread!

Yeoman Randi wrote: View Post
macloudt wrote: View Post
That Thinkgeek t-shirt I ordered for my daughter arrived yesterday. The shirt was $29.99, the delivery charge was $22.00, and my husband had to pay 15 for customs and such on delivery. If I ever order anything from Thinkgeek again I'll have it sent to a Canadian or American friend and have them send it to me via surface mail as a gift. I've learned my lesson! The shirt is brilliant, though, and my daughter is sure to love it.

Which shirt did you order? And in the future, please think of me, i'd be happy to help you out!
I ordered this one:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/womens/b3e7/

It describes my daughter perfectly, which is why I don't begrudge this one-time major expense for one t-shirt. However I will definitely keep you in mind for any future purchases from Thinkgeek, because I love their stuff. Thanks for the offer.

Trampledamage, it was UPS who delivered it. In fact, I didn't have the choice to send it via surface mail, which is a pain for overseas buyers. I did receive it in 3 days, though, and I didn't have to call anyone in London to arrange a flight to our nearest airport. Heck, it would probably be cheaper for me to take the bus to London and pick it up myself.