View Single Post
Old November 15 2010, 02:11 AM   #105
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - The Shadow of the Order

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
(BTW, it's funny that you came to the idea of a 10-year term...that was actually a number I had settled on for certain posts in the the SigCat government...)
At first I thought about something longer, but decided against it. The term is 10 years, but they can be "re-elected" for 3 terms in a row and fourth (if necessary) with a break.
No more. And no lifetime positions. They are called "legates" for rest of their lives, but it is more a courtesy than anything else (just like with our former presidents). If they continue to service in the military (in case of gul turned legates and back), their real rank is a gul again, although everyone would address them "legate" (while they actual rank would be lower than Brenok's )

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Since we don't have a parliamentary system, it's not possible to have a government not form at all. We can, however, have Congress deadlocked between the two parties, or an impasse between Congress and the President.
In situation like this we have re-elections. I am not sure now, but I think this is even in our constitution. We have regulations to deal with such "conflicts", but they don't always work. And then re-elections are necessary.

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote