View Single Post
Old November 12 2010, 03:54 PM   #68
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight to have a female villain?

Kegg, Batman:TAS was my first exposure to the character of Ra's, and his portrayal(s) there are what made me fall in love with the character and are the sole reason I consider him to be amongst my top favorite Batman villains.

I would really love to see Nolan and Co. bring Talia into the equation in some way, either as the female villain or as a love interest for Bruce, because it would bring things full-circle.

There's a rumor out there that, if Catwoman is in the film, her portrayal will be very different from what people are expecting, at least in terms of her role in the film and in Nolan's overall story and mythology. I won't say anything more specific, but if this rumor turns out to be true, it will be very interesting to see and watch people's reactions to it.

In terms of casting, of the actresses mentioned, I'd expect them to be looking at the younger actresses for the role of Bruce's love interest, and the older actresses for Selena/Catwoman (if she's in the film), and my picks for the two roles would be as follows:
Bruce's love interest
Kiera Knightly (if it's Talia)
Anne Hathaway
Natalie Portman

Selena Kyle/Catwoman (if she's in the film)
Piper Perabo (Moviehole added Ms. Perabo to Deadline's list of actresses being considered, along withTanit Phoenix and Marion Cotillard)
Naomi Watts

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote