View Single Post
Old November 11 2010, 04:12 AM   #8
the Dagman
Commodore

Re: JMS Quits Superman & Wonder Woman

Snaploud wrote: View Post
the Dagman wrote: View Post
I think this is a face-saving move on DC's part due to the fact that, for what ever reasons, JMS cannot seem to keep a monthly schedule on his books.
I wonder if his health is deteriorating...JMS is the guy who wrote every episode of Babylon 5 seasons 2, 3, and 4. That was a much more brutal writing schedule than anything DC could be putting on him...
I don't believe you are correct about him writing that much of B5. I was friends with Larry DiTillio (from back in my Chaosium Games days) who was B5's executive story editor. And he told me of many writers working on B5 during those seasons. Among them was Peter David. Larry was a closer friend to my old pal Zoran who got to visit the set of B5 during season 4 and met the cast and crew. And even he told me of the many writers working on the show with Larry keeping everything in line.

These new writers coming in to do the actual story in Superman and Wonder Woman from the notes of JMS actually sounds a lot like the writing environment of B5. JMS just doesn't seem to have the patience to deal with the details of a long story, so he has others come in to flesh out his story ideas.